Taking Care of your Rubbish

Wheelie Bins

If you’ve got to put out your bin when the binmen come, make sure that you – or someone in your household – wheels it to the collection point and returns it to the bin area or your back garden once it has been emptied. Please make sure that you bring your own bin back and don't take anyone else’s.

The binmen won't take away anything that isn't in the bin, so don't dump bags of rubbish beside the bin, because they won't be taken away.

North View is not responsible for refuse uplift. If your wheelie bin gets damaged or goes missing, or if the binmen have made a mess or not taken your bin, phone the Council on 0141 287 9700 and report it to the Cleansing Department.

If you are unhappy with the refuse service, take it up with your elected local Councillor.

Bulk Refuse

If you live in a flat with a shared bin store and want rid of 'bulk items', place them in the binstore or binpath, but be careful not to block the passage way. Our contractor will take the bulk refuse items to the pavement for collection by the Council.

If you live in a house, or cottage flat and have your own garden, to get rid of bulk items you have to call Glasgow City Council on 0141 287 9700 and arrange for them to come and uplift it.

Fridges and Freezers

If you are getting rid of an old fridge or freezer (or anything containing HCFC gases) don’t just put it out for the bulk uplift – because it won't get taken. You need to arrange a special uplift by the Council. Phone Glasgow City Council on 0141 287 9700 and make an arrangement for them to come and pick it up – but remember to take off the door before you put it out. You can also report any items through the 'My Glasgow' App.

Some description