Your duty to respect

You have a duty to the people living round about you to let them live in peace and quiet. You, your family, or visitors to your house should not disrupt the peace within common areas, the close, or your house. You should not cause a nuisance or disturbance to your neighbours – particularly at night.

If you behave in an anti social manner then the Police may prosecute you and North View may take legal action to evict you from your home as you would be in breach of your Tenancy Agreement.

Anti social can cover a lot of things, like loud music and even the behaviour of children. If you are bothered by the noise coming from a house, then phone the Police. The Police may be able to sort out the problem there and then as they can remove the audio equipment.

The Association also works with Glasgow City Council's Neighbourhoods and Sustainability in relation to anti-social behaviour.