Your Tenancy Agreement

When you became a North View tenant, you will have signed a legal agreement known as a Tenancy Agreement. The Tenancy Agreement that most tenants sign is known as a Scottish Secure Tenancy Agreement.

It is a contract between North View Housing Association and the tenant (or joint tenants) and is a comprehensive legal document that contains all the terms of your tenancy and sets out the rights and responsibilities of you (the tenant) and North View (the landlord). You should contact your Housing Officer if you have any queries about any aspect of your Tenancy Agreement. We hope that you enjoy living in the area and that you are happy here, but managing a tenancy and running a house isn’t always plain sailing. Sometimes you may find that you aren’t coping with things as well as you’d like to. We are keen for you to keep your rent up to date, but we also want you to make a go of your tenancy, so if you do find yourself in difficulty, tell us. We may be able to help.

If we can’t help, we should be able to signpost you to organisations that can, but start with us first. Our Welfare Rights Officer can provide help with benefits. If you find yourself needing help, let us know. We will do what we can to help you.